Call for Abstracts
The SCDM 2018 Annual Conference’s Call for Abstracts deadline has now passed.
Closing Date: Thursday, May 3
For any questions or assistance regarding a submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The 2018 Annual Conference Task Force invites the submission of abstracts under the following presentation formats:
- Oral presentations – the familiar presentation session consisting of three 20- to 25-minute speeches, followed by questions and discussion.
Submissions will take the usual form of a description of the content of an eventual PowerPoint presentation.
- Panel discussions – experts in the field, who share facts, offer opinions and respond to audience questions either through questions curated by the moderator or taken from the audience directly.
Submissions should consist of a description of how you could participate in and contribute to the topic under discussion
- Roundtable presentations – extended discussion among a small group, the presenter will be giving and receiving targeted feedback, engaging in in-depth discussions, and meeting colleagues with similar interests.
Submissions should consist of a description of how you could participate in and contribute to the topic under discussion.
- Poster presentations – structured as an academic presentation but with creative visuals of your research and/or organizational processes presented on a 4’ x 8’ poster board.
Submissions should include a summary of background/ problem information, primary objectives of the work, methods used to obtain and analyze the data, results or findings from your work, with a discussion and conclusion that will help others in their work.
- Ignite presentations – these sessions include several 10-minute presentations on key challenges and solutions within the industry. Each presentation will have a maximum of six slides. The result is a fast-paced session that changes topics/ perspectives several times and will keep the audience on their toes. Submissions will take the usual form of a description of the content of an eventual PowerPoint presentation.
The 2018 Annual Conference Task Force invites the submission of abstracts under the following session topics:
- Everything I Know I Learned in Data Management [I]
- Utilizing New Technologies to Improve Data Review Efficiency [P]
- eSource [PD]
- Data Management in the World of ‘Direct to Patient’ or ‘Virtual Trials’ [PD]
- Let’s DTQR: Define the Quality Relationship of Data Management within Clinical Trials [P]
- eSource Implementation at Academic and Industry-Sponsor Sites [PD]
- Technology Ignite – Spark the Future [I]
- How to Create Flashy Data with Confidence: Best Practices in Big Data [P]
- Combining Standards and Technology to Accelerate Timelines and Efficiently Manage Clinical Trial Data [PD]
- Virtual Trials and the Data Manager [PD]
- Therapeutic Area Knowledge in Clinical Data Management: Setting Expectations [RT]
- Get Off My Cloud: How IT Infrastructure Affects Privacy and Performance in eClinical Systems [PD]
- “Don’t You (Forget About Me),” The Breakfast Club…of Data Management! [RT]
- More Than Checking Boxes: Integrating Electronic Informed Consent in a Compliant and Ethical Way [PD]
- Coalescing Research Data Services and Enabling Data Science at Academic Medical Centers [PD]
- Does the Quality of Your Clinical Data Keep You Up at Night? [PD]
- Training the Past, Present and Next Generation of Clinical Data Managers [PD]
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Data Management [PD]
- Evolution or Revolution: How will Emerging Technology Innovations Change Data Management? [P]
- Utilizing GCDMP as a Training Tool for Clinical Data Managers [P]
- Single Source of Truth, Integrations or IoT (Internet of Things): Exploring Ways to Improve Connectedness of Clinical Data [PD]
- EHR Integration using SMART on FHIR [P]
- The Inspection Experience Through the Eyes of a Data Manager [P]
- Enabling Smart Central Monitoring Operations – Transitioning from Data Noise to Meaningful Signals in RBM [P]
- Clinical Trials of the Future – Where are we Headed? [RT]
- Being Digital Clinical Data Manager, What it Means for the Industry! – A Visionary Approach to Revolutionize CDM Practices [PD]
- From Spreadsheets to Artificial Intelligence: How Do We Get from Here to There? [P]
- Oral Presentations [P]
- Panel Discussions [PD]
- Roundtable Discussions [RT]
- Ignite Presentations [I]
- Poster Presentations [PO]